Join the Association
Imagine that you had a way to speak what’s on your mind, a way to protect your livelihood, a way to network with your colleagues, and a way to determine the course of your profession. Imagine that you’re a member of the only professional organization that helps you do all that and more.
What Does BASCKY Do?
Once you are a member, you also belong to our state (Homebuilders Association of Kentucky) and national associations (National Association of Home Builders), providing a whole host of other benefits including deep discounts in programs and services such as the purchase of new cars, car rental, flowers, building supplies....and the list goes on. Check out all the participating companies at NAHB Member Benefits.
Here are just a few examples of what the Builders Association does to make your voice heard, protect your profession, help you network, give you clout, and help you stay on top:
- Lobbies against undue regulations on the local, state & national level.
- Represents you on numerous policy development committees.
- Secures member appointments to boards, task forces & committees.
- Develops & introduces legislation to protect the public & building industry.
- Tracks all building-related legislation at the local, state, and national level.
- Promotes building industry image.
- Provides opportunities for networking.
- Produces an annual Home Expo featuring builders, products and services.
- Promotes sponsorship opportunities showcasing products and services.
- Provides no-cost or low-cost educational opportunities.
- Provides leadership opportunities.
- Provides cutting-edge information.
- Offers discount products & services.
- Offers group insurance programs.
- Provides credit cards and other financial programs.
- Promotes using members’ services.
Two Membership Options To Choose From
Registered Builder Membership
- Having built a minimum of six (6) homes
- Been in business at least one year
- Operates under his/her own company name
- Is in the primary business of building or remodeling homes, apartments, schools, or commercial or industrial development or is in land development
- Agrees to submit to conciliation should a disagreement arise between the buyer and the builder concerning possible structural defects found within a one-year warranty.
We are so sure that you will benefit from membership that we are offering a money-back Membership Satisfaction Guarantee. If you aren't satisfied with your membership investment, we'll refund the local portion of your membership dues upon completion of requirements detailed in the Membership Satisfaction Guarantee Agreement.
Three Memberships in One
By joining, you are automatically a member of the state and national associations, making you a part of over 197,000 member companies who collectively employ over eight million Americans. Together, we are building a better community.
Protection from Excessive Regulations
Powerful representation to defend you against excessive regulations locally, statewide and nationally. Opportunities for you to have your voice heard by your local elected officials, governmental workers and Legislators.
Promoting Your Business
- Consumer-focused website www.bascky.com
- Printed Membership Directory
- Annual Parade of Homes
- Annual Home Expo—market your products and services at the only local home show
- Actively participate in other community groups to promote members
- Workers Comp, Liability, Health, Life
- Free, expert legal consultation
- GM & Other Vehicle Discounts
- Speedway/Marathon Fleet Discounts
- Discount FedEx
- Sample forms
- Hotel discounts and many others
Industry Updates and Information
- Product Updates and Trends
- Economic Forecasting & Data
- Certified Graduate Builder & Remodeler
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist
- Lead RRP Certified
- Code Updates
- Certified Green Professional & many more
We’re building more than homes.
We’re building a better community.
Over the last few years, our members have given approximately $250,000 to local charitable organizations. Additionally, we fund an annual WKU Scholarship to a deserving student. Our members are involved in the community and will continue to work together to build a better, stronger community for the health and safety of our families.